AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor 11 - Cant filter things

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i recently installed the new version of Adwords Editor. Now i am trying to filter away some campaigns by name, selecting default or any, and when i choose "does not contain" and type, the filter does not recognize this as a filter. When i do the same thing and choose "contains" it works like a charm.

I really don't know what i'm doing wrong, it's a very simple task, but it does not work!

If someone is experiencing this problem and resolved this, please let me know!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Francisco A
September 2015

Re: Adwords Editor 11 - Cant filter things

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
"default doesn't contain X" and "any doesn't contain X" searches are largely useless. "default" and "any" stand for multiple fields on each tab, and a row passes the filter as long as at least one of those fields doesn't contain X. Chances are high, some of those fields are empty and don't contain anything. In particular, "default" and "any" look at Comment field, which is most often empty.

So, "does not contain" search should usually specify a particular field, not "default" or "any".

In addition, "campaign doesn't contain X" search doesn't work on Campaigns tab, and "adgroup doesn't contain X" search doesn't work on Ad Groups tab. That's a bug, will be fixed in the next release.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Francisco A,

To Filter away the campaigns just click on the Search Builder > Click on Default > Select Parent Fields > Select Campaign. Then select "Contains" or "does not contain" in next field and then put your filter in third field and you are done. See below:

editor.png

Regards,

Ashish

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Francisco,

The "does not contain" filter is working with Keywords, Ads, Ad Groups tab but not for Campaign tab. Some bug there, i think, as it was working fine some days back.

Regards,
Ashish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ashish D,

First of all, thanks for the reply! I tried exactly what you suggested, and it still not working. I also think it's a bug. But no worries, i solved it by using the previous version of the editor, it's not as fancy, but gets the job done.

Francisco
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Francisco A
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
"default doesn't contain X" and "any doesn't contain X" searches are largely useless. "default" and "any" stand for multiple fields on each tab, and a row passes the filter as long as at least one of those fields doesn't contain X. Chances are high, some of those fields are empty and don't contain anything. In particular, "default" and "any" look at Comment field, which is most often empty.

So, "does not contain" search should usually specify a particular field, not "default" or "any".

In addition, "campaign doesn't contain X" search doesn't work on Campaigns tab, and "adgroup doesn't contain X" search doesn't work on Ad Groups tab. That's a bug, will be fixed in the next release.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Igor,

Thanks for the swift response. I'll use the previous editor until this issue is resolved.

Francisco