AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor 11.5 Bug when uploading tracking template at the keyword level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I am not able to upload tracking at the keyword level using the new 11.5 editor. For some reason I upload the keywords back with the tracking and the editor duplicates my campaign instead of updating the tracking in the existing keywords. Is anyone else here experiencing this issue? How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Ran

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor 11.5 Bug when uploading tracking template at the keyword level

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
I can't seem to be able to reproduce. I select a campaign with some keywords, export it to CSV (either copy/paste to Excel, or Export > Current View), fill in Tracking Template column, and import the modified CSV file back into Editor. This results in existing keywords being modified to add the tracking template; no new campaign is being created.

Could you describe in more detail exactly what you do when you encounter the problem?

Re: Adwords Editor 11.5 Bug when uploading tracking template at the keyword level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Basically, I am copying the new keywords into an excel file and giving each KW a unique tracking template. When I upload it back into editor the KW's are not updated with their new tracking templates but rather editor adds a new campaign with the same name as the campaign which I am trying to create the new KW's for. Also, the settings in the duplicated campaign are all wrong (not the same as the original campaign). This bug started only with the new 11.5.7 version fo editor before this everything was fine.
Any input?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
How exactly do you "upload it back into editor"? Could you describe your process in more detail? Possibly with screenshots (with private information redacted)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi AdWordsEng-Igor,
I think I found the problem.
You can't upload a new tracking template without first deleting old tracking template and posting. (you can't "run over" old tracking").
thanks for the help though.