AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Editor 10.0.1 - Post Your Questions & Concerns

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

When Adwords Editor version 9.8.1 came out, the forum moderators posted a thread asking for feedback.  It was well-received by Adwords forum users and provided an outlet for questions, comments and concerns.  I thought I'd do the same thing for Adwords Editor version 10.0.1 (the beginning of Enhanced Campaigns).

If you have anything to say (good and bad) about Adwords Editor 10.0.1, post below!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Editor 10.0.1 - Post Your Questions & Concerns

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi jaradcollier,

We've done it this time again. Smiley Happy Please feel free to post your comments on this thread.

Best,

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After installing 10.0.1, my AdWords Editor crashed. Is it possible to roll back to 10.0.0. If so, where can I download a copy? The error message received:

"The application AdWords Editor quit unexpectedly.
"Install Failed"

"The following step failed: run postupgrade script for packagestage. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got the same error. I went back to 9.9.0 on OSX 10.5.8. I just deleted the app and pulled it from my backup drive. I replaced the Application Support files and cache as well. 9.9.0 appears to work fine.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

@martinog

What OS X version and processor are you using? (Apple menu > About This Mac)

AdWords Editor 9.8.1 was officially the last version to run on 10.4 (announced through an in-product message), although it appears 9.9 may have worked on 10.4; 10.0 will definintely not work on 10.4.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

@dlarz

Does your Mac (10.5.8) use a PowerPC or Intel processor? 

Re: Adwords Editor 10.0.1 - Post Your Questions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It uses Intel processor.

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

@martinog

What's the OS version?

Assuming it's 10.5 or better, here's something to try.

First, if previous version was installed, ensure removal. The article at http://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30515?hl=en describes how to do this.

Install the latest version.

Once you get the installation error, go to the Finder, and either pick "Go to Folder", or use the keys <shift> <command> G

The folder name you want to go to is /var/log

Open the file named install.log and scroll to the end.

Try to find the lines that actually indicate the error. You shouldn't have to go back any more than 50 lines or so. Paste the error lines into your reply, ensuring removal of any identifying information, like machine name, into your reply.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

One thing I have noticed, and am hoping there is an update soon/help available is:

Once you upgrade to Adwords Editor 10.01, and then upgrade your campaigns and sitelinks to Enhanced, you are then no longer able to update the sitelinks through the editor.

So there is no option to set up new Sitelinks at the Adgroup level(which is a new feature) in Adwords Editor

+ You are then unable to edit the text/position/URL of the existing Campaign Sitelink in Adwords Editor, it just comes up with an error when trying to post.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

@martinog

The application installs, but fails to launch. This shows up as error in postupgrade script because the script attemps to run the app.

To get more useful error information, you can run the following from a terminal window:

/Applications/AdWords\ Editor.app/Contents/MacOS/xulrunner