AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Campaign for Francophone Community

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

I want to start an Adwords Campaign for Canada. 

When deciding whether to start a campaign in french for reaching out the francophone community I encounter a Blog Post where they indicated we should reach out not only the Quebec province but also Ontario in order to reach all the francophone community. 

This was because most of the Bell/Sympatico IPs are pointing to servers located in Ottawa and Toronto. I wanted to confirm if this was still true (since the Blog Post is from 2006) and take it into consideration before starting my campaign.

Thank you for your support. 
Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Kind Regards,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Campaign for Francophone Community

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Karla U;

Well... Centuries (in terms of internet and communication technology) have past since then, and Geo and language targeting are far more accurate today than 10 years ago... Smiley Surprised

I have a client targeting Canada and I haven't heard any complaints about Geo targeting in Canada. And I also  don't recall seeing any complaints on  this community.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Adwords Campaign for Francophone Community

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you MosheTLV, so if I target Quebec it should be enough for targeting all francophones in that area (100%).

Thanks!