AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Budgeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My request might be rather elementary for this forum but I'm hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction.

I am new to the adwords world but having done my research and with a reasonable marketing / advertising background I feel confident I can now put together an effective campaign.

What I am struggling with is cost or even cost estimation. I understand why there is no rate card or fixed pricing but what is the best analysis I can do to estimate cost? It's easy to set a budget but that's meaningless unless I can estimate what I am going to receive for that spend.

Is there a quote modele I could access or something similar?

If I knew the keywords associated with a campaign and I knew the timeframe I wanted to run the campaign over, how could I and where would I go to quickly estimate the cost? 

Paul Smith

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Budgeting

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. This is not too basic. Rather, it's a valid question. The simples way to get this estimate is from the keyword planner.

Screenshots:

Screen Shot 2013-12-17 at 8.21.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-12-17 at 8.20.58 AM.pngkeyword traffic estimation.png

Video To Help You

Here's a short video on how to select your budget

Recommendation

Start with the maximum you're willing to spend in a day. Go onto automatic bidding to figure out the minimum bids you would need for your ads to show prominently enough to get enough clicks to exhaust the budget. From there on, switch to manual and bid individually on each keyword to be able to get them to a position of your choice.

You can consult the first page bid estimate report for the same.

Hope this helps. Feel free to call/email/chat with support for any questions specific to your account. We're happy to help.

Sincerely,

RR