AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Ad Rotation Settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you set your ad position?  like 1-4 etc

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Ad Rotation Settings

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Sorry, there's no ad position setting like that. 

You can experiment by editing your ads and changing your keyword bids to reach an average position, but you ads won't always appear there--the best you can hope for is an average most of the time.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
There used to be a setting called "Position Preference", but that has been retired now for some time.

However, you can switch to manual bidding, and bid enough to target positions 1-4. You can do this manually or use automated rules to move bids based on average position.

I would however also look at other things like increasing quality score via testing new ads, keywords, match types, landing pages etc.

If you are in a competitive industry with mostly comparison clickers, it can sometimes be beneficial to sit outside the top four! I have seen this work wonders!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi dshorey and welcome to the Community.

I'm going to echo bobbysem's words here as I often use Automated Rules to control the position of my Ads and also tend to stay away from the very top spots as the performance is just as good but the costs lower.  

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits