AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords API - few questions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everybody.

First of all - Yes I know there is a forum specifically for API questions:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/adwords-api

But for some reason - I don't have "Post a question" button there, when I'm logged into my Google account :/ (am I missing something, and that group, requires me to do something besides joining? If so please tell me).

Now the situation - my company want's me to create a tool to get keyword suggestions directly from Google Keyword Tool, everything would happen inside code, and not the browser. First question here - some say that Google will not allow this - is this true? If so - could you please explain why?

In order to create the above tool, I tried signing up for AdWords API, by following this steps:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/signingup

However - Step 2 says: "You can sign up for the AdWords API when logged into your MCC account. Navigate to My Account -> AdWords API Center", but I don't have AdWords API Center Tab inside My Account tab! I only see "Account access", "Linked accounts","Notification settings" and "Preferences". So why is that? Was signing for AdWords API disabled recently?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Best regards.

P.S.

Sorry for my English ;]

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords API - few questions

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hey

• Your 1st question Smiley Happy i dont know why you cant see post question button on API forum Smiley Sad sorry
  • Your 2nd question i have used TargetingIdeaService in the past to build similar tools which generates keyword ideas depending on your selectors
  • Are you sure you are logged in via MCC and not normal adwords account?

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the answers and wsdl link.

"Are you sure you are logged in via MCC and not normal adwords account?"

Umm to be honest I was indeed logged into adwords account - after I created fresh email and signed to MCC I noticed that it is different from what it was before... sorry for the confusion. Now I'm waiting for my test account...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Jan K;

Like any other Google support forum, you need to register in order to post. The API forum is based on a Google groups platform. So, you need to link "Google groups" to your Google account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’