AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords 10.6.0

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

Is there a way possible to rollback my Adwords Editor from 10.6.0 to the previous version. This login issue is a PAIN!!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords 10.6.0

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

I suppose you can try uninstalling the current version and get a hold of the older versions setup file and install it. You will then have to make sure you dont update the version when you are prompted to by the Editor.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi dgarala,

I don't think it is possible to roll back to previous version, unless you have the set up file downloaded. However, If you could let us know about the log in issue, we can work on fixing it.

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi SUmanth,

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I do not have the previous version set up file.

Every time I try to login, it asks me to enable acceess to less secure apps and I am not quite happy to downgrade the security standards here. So this is kind of a fix and is painful too!

Thanks in advance!

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

dgarala,

You'll have to enable access to less secure apps, to fix the issue. It's a one time process and you don't have to repeat it time and again. Please follow steps in this article to do so.

Feel free to write back, if you're facing any issues.

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Sumanth,

Yes I understand, but I do not want it to stay "enabled" for ever - I am not 100% sure with this security setting.

Thanks

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
ok, not a problem, dgarala!

Do you have 2 step verification enabled for your Google Account? If it is, you don't have to enable access to less secure apps. You might want to go with that option?

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hi Dgarala,

I am most certain that you cant roll back to the previous version of Editor with the proper setup. ( Did you try searching in your 'Downloads' folder for the browser?)

Why don't you try Sumanth's suggestion and see if it helps.

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Downgrading won't help any. All existing Editor versions do the login the same way, and all are affected by the problem. 10.6.0 just shows a more detailed error message - previous versions will just say something generic like "login failed, check your password".

There are only two ways to allow Editor to access your account. One is to enable "access to less secure apps". The other is to turn on 2-step verification, then generate an app password, then use that in Editor (you may have Editor save it, so you don't have to remember it or write it down). See

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

The issue will be resolved in the next Editor version.