AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

Adword ad to appear on new google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client has an adwords campaign and is placing 1st with his keyword bluestone pavers, however what he wants is for his ad to also appear on the new google maps. Because i can't attach a file I have created a page on his website that shows what he is after. Please click on this link: http://www.bluestonesales.com.au/ad-google-maps.html and in the main area of the page there is a map and I have circled the areas that he wants. i have spoken to 2 different people at google adwords who were wonderful and helped me alot but I don't think they understood what I was trying to achieve. Can anyone tell me how me client can get his ads to appear like they do on the link.

Thanks, Belinda

 

Re: Adword ad to appear on new google maps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
This will be helpful for you: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3246303?hl=en-GB

First of all you have to check the "Include search partners" from your campaign settings to show your ads in Google Maps and then other process is easy its same as you run ads on search. Check out the link about for details,

Thanks,
Nouman

Re: Adword ad to appear on new google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the reply and have looked at the link it was very helpful. I am a graphic designer and not at all familiar with adword campaigns - how do I "Include Search Partners" on my clients adword campaign?
Thanks, Belinda

Re: Adword ad to appear on new google maps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Belinda,

 

Go to your campaign settings > Networks > Click Edit and tick “Include search partners”

 

Below are the screenshots:

 

ppc setting.JPG

 

ppc setting 2.JPG

 

ppc setting 3.JPG

 

Thank,

Nouman

Re: Adword ad to appear on new google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nouman thank you for all your help - his ad is now appearing below the id card however it is not showing on the map as a ad or his business name. I have synched his places account in ad extensions and the status is eligible (has been this way for 2 weeks) However no map is showing with his ads. Also the owner is Chinese and the location extension in the adwords campaign is appearing in English and Chinese - could this be the problem.
Thanks, Belinda

Re: Adword ad to appear on new google maps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Belinda, I don't think so that English and Chinese language can be an issue. If it is showing bellow Card than it should be on map too. Try moving around the map, might be it is hiding somewhere .

Re: Adword ad to appear on new google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nouman, I have screen shot the search I did in maps and have put it on a page - here is the link: http://www.bluestonesales.com.au/ad-google-maps.html

I have marked on the map in red the location of where his warehouse should be and an example of how a competitors ad is appearing on the map but not his. i have spoken to some people at adwords but got two different responses - One said I only needed to link the places for business account with the adwords account and it would all work. Another one said that I needed to set up an Adwords Express account and split the two accounts so 75% was spent on adwords and the remaining 25% was spent on Adwords Express. Can you give me any additional information on this please.


Thanks, Belinda

Re: Adword ad to appear on new google maps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Belinda, Do you have enabled location extension? Because your ads are not showing up with location extension, Once it will be set up then hopefully your ads will be start showing up in map as well; Alternatively you can also setup an Adwords Express account, Using Adwords Express you can easily cover the whole local area.

Re: Adword ad to appear on new google maps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Remember you should enable you location extension buy linking your Google Places account and your Google Plus local page should be verified.

Re: Adword ad to appear on new google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nouman, Yes I have enabled location extensions by linking the google places account and it was showing in a test about 1 week ago when I was on the phone to adwords staff but now it is not showling. i have attached a screen shot of the location extension added. I may need to get on the phone to them and ask why? Yes the his google + page is 100% complete.

Regards,

Belinda

location_extension.png