AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adword Extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi do i have any control over when my extensions are displayed and/or is there anything that makes them displayed more frequently? I have them set up but only displayed once out of 30 clicks!

Thanks

JP

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adword Extensions

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi JamesP

A good rule of thumb with ad extensions is that the higher the quality of the extension the more likely it will show (good CTR, relevant to users query, etc). However, ad extensions don't show every single time your ad is shown, that's a really important thing to remember. 

The exact ins and outs will vary depending on the type of extension you have. Could you elaborate on which ad extension you are using? 

Does anyone else from the Community have any thoughts here? 

A.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

WHen you say "which type of ad extension" what do you mean? I only know of one type of ad extension!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

There are several different types of ad extension (call extensions, social extensions, sitelink extensions, location extensions etc) and they are all outlined in this link here!

Hope it helps!

A.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah ha....it's a site link extension?

what makes it a better quality extension?

jp

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Glad the link was useful! With sitelink extensions, factors that would help performance would be to have anywhere between 3 and 10 sitelinks added to the campaign, aiming for a good CTR, and making them as relevant as possible to what you do and the services you offer. 

Hope this is useful!

A.