AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Advertising In Extremely Saturated Markets

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have some experience advertising in saturated markets. Usually my strategy would be to place a greater focus on long tailed keywords and alternative search intent themes:

Eg if I'm selling cars I would target transportation methods instead.

However...in my specific situation, long tail and alternative themes are completely cornered.

I am looking for high saturation best practices and advice based on experience.

Input is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advertising In Extremely Saturated Markets

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Robert;
Have you tried using only exact match KWs with ad-copy "tightly themed" to the KWs?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV I always create very tightly themed ad groups and keywords. I did not only use exact match keywords. I create a version of each high quality keyword in modified broad match, phrase match & exact match. I also always use negative keyword list and run search term reports to keep irrelevant traffic out and find new opportunities.

Switching to just exact match may be a feasible strategy and is something I will keep in mind. Any other ideas?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It seems that you have structured the campaign, "by the book".
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes. I think unfortunately that in this specific scenario, CPA's, CPC's etc will simply be higher due to the extreme competition. Not much in terms of magical ways I can think to sidestep this result.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
It's all in the search terms report. There is always a top of the pyramid search term that generates more interest/engagement/conversions than any other. Isolate that term, and continue to optimize the ad text.

The ad is the only part of the account a user actually interacts with. By focusing the targeting, you can more effectively test the messaging for that specific KW/user query.
Tom