AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Advertise on mobile and retarget on desktop?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I run a mobile ad campaign can I retarget those same users on their desktop? I run an e-commerce site and get get low cost traffic on mobile and want to retarget the same people on desktop where conversion is more likely to happen.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Legato P
January 2016

Re: Advertise on mobile and retarget on desktop?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Remarketing is a cookie based method. Currently Google doesn't not offer to share cookies across devices.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

Though cross-device conversion tracking is possible but I don't think that cross device remarketing is possible so far.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Legato P
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Remarketing is a cookie based method. Currently Google doesn't not offer to share cookies across devices.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thats a shame. I know Facebook can do this but that's because you a signed in to both mobile and desktop apps.

Thanks MosheTLV

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Legato P;

You do understand the concerns about privacy, and why users might be worried to be  re-targeted  on any device. I, personally,  agree with Google on this issue. It will initially come in the near future after proper technical settings will be available to offer users to opt out.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Archit;

"Pure" cross device conversion, for a specific user, which requires  "cross device cookie sharing"   is NOT available.  What's available is a statistical  model of estimated cross device conversions. 

>>"In order to measure cross-device conversion statistics, part of "All conversions," we use aggregated and anonymized data from users who have previously signed into Google services. This allows us to provide advertisers with highly accurate and granular reporting on cross-device behavior without compromising user privacy."

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3419678?hl=en

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Thanks @MosheTLV for this information.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’