4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads wont dhow after removing age and gender demographic targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We had age and gender targeting setup in our adwords campaign. We recently removed all the age and gender targeting in he campaign. But even after removing them ads wont show at all. Everytime we check the ads it keeps saying "Ads with some types of gender targeting cannot be diagnosed. Ads with age targets cannot be diagnosed." I am sure there are no exclusions for age or gender setup now but I still keep seeing the same thing.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads wont dhow after removing age and gender demographic targeting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sternsystem S,

I'm jet-lagged but I'm pretty sure that the issue lies with the fact that you've removed all the demographic targeting options. If there is nothing left to target in that regard then the ads have nobody they can show to.

The solution is to actually re-enable all of your demographic targeting options, as this is essentially the same as trying to remove them all anyway. You basically open the marketing up to everyone once again.

Please let us know if that doesn't address your issue though.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sternsystem S
March

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello,

default setting targets all gender and all age groups. So if you deleted everything, that means you are not targeting anyone. Try to get activate all genders and age groups in this campaign.

Tomáš

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did as suggested and they are working now. thank you so much Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've selected age group 18-24 and 25-34 but Adwords says "This ad isn't showing now", reason being "Ads with age targets cannot be diagnosed". What's going on?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sanjeev M,

Just wondering if you got sorted after posting your request in October.  I'm currently experiencing the same problem.

Thanks!

Highlighted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I resolved this issue by re-enabling the demographic age group and the disabling it again.