AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads under review/disapproved even after speaking with Adwords rep?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've posted a similar question to this before, but no one was able to exactly clarify a reason why this issue keeps happening:

1 - ads are being rejected for url-related reasons, but I've checked the urls again and again and they are all uniform within each ad group. Why is this happening?

2 - ads that were once approved are being put back under review - for days and days. I was able to receive clicks, impressions, etc. from these ads, but now they're back under review. Why? I have not made any edits to the ads during this time. My adwords account is not "new". 

I've spoken with adwords reps both online and via the phone. They both stated that my ads would go under an expedited review today, as they themselves could find no problems within the ads, but I haven't heard back from them and would love an answer before Monday. 

Has anyone experience this before?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kelsey O
September 2015

Re: Ads under review/disapproved even after speaking with Adwords rep?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Are you able to ping your domain successfully? Seems now to be a common occurrence and an issue with their bots. 

If it is successful check your firewall settings...or server setting...I had to switch servers to finally get automated approval. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kelsey O,

Do you, by chance, have any keywords level destination URL's? Those must all go to the same domain as the ad and the display URL domain must match the domain "after all redirects". You also must not mix domains in the display URL within a single ad group.

You can add the keyword level destination URL to to keywords tab to make it easier to spot them.

Hope this helps!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
No, I believe everything is uniform within the ad urls and keywords - I've even asked the google reps to double check my work and make sure and they confirmed that everything fit. I'm hoping they won't be under review for much longer after three (now) google reps found no issues.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Can you explain the keyword level destination url(s)?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kelsey O
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Are you able to ping your domain successfully? Seems now to be a common occurrence and an issue with their bots. 

If it is successful check your firewall settings...or server setting...I had to switch servers to finally get automated approval. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I think so, yes, just got approval today actually, which is great - but we still don't know what the issue was.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Kelsey,

When adding keywords, you have the option to define a landing page other than the ad destination URL. You can add this column on the keywords tab to see if you have any.

Glad to hear you got the approval for your campaign. This indicates it was not a problem with keyword level destinations.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords