AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads under review again after being approved?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ads were approved, received results (clicks, impressions, etc.) and now are under review again?

I have not received any emails from Google informing me of any reason why this has occurred. Any ideas as to why they are under review again? What can I do? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kelsey O
September 2015

Re: Ads under review again after being approved?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Keley O,

Did you edit your ads? That would put them back under review.

Is this a new account? Google randomly selects new accounts for manual review. That could be the case here.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
One more thing. I think that if you were disapproved, you will get extra scrutiny. That's probably a big reason why the rest are under review. To speed up the process if it's been a while is to submit a request to have them looked at again.

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/approvals?utm_source=policyhc&utm_medium=contact_approval...

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Keley O,

Did you edit your ads? That would put them back under review.

Is this a new account? Google randomly selects new accounts for manual review. That could be the case here.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
It's not a new account. The only time the ads were edited was when maybe 2 were disapproved because Google said the urls did not all match, so I made sure they were all the same and re-submitted them. That was the only way maybe 2 had been edited, the rest were left alone, but now the whole group is under review again?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I have had that happen a lot before. Not only with ads, but also with keywords. I had keywords that were approved and then I change one keyword in an ad group and the whole ad group keywords go under review. I've also had the same thing happen to me with ads.

My guess is that when you make a change to an ad or keyword, it automatically triggers a re-review of your campaign/ad group. I wish I had better news, but it isn't uncommon. Sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie. Sorry.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
One more thing. I think that if you were disapproved, you will get extra scrutiny. That's probably a big reason why the rest are under review. To speed up the process if it's been a while is to submit a request to have them looked at again.

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/approvals?utm_source=policyhc&utm_medium=contact_approval...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks - I actually contact a Google rep and she couldn't find any issues with the ads back under review or the ones that had been disapproved. They're looking into it now, but I really don't understand how ads could be disapproved for url issues when the urls are all exactly the same within an ad group. Thanks for the links.