AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads showing "Your ad isn't scheduled to run right now"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

My ads were working normally but today for one of my campaign, i am not receiving any clicks....Ads showing APPROVED status but showing "Your ad isn't scheduled to run right now"

We are spending around $1000/day for that campaign, other campaigns are working fine 

Please help me guys!!!!!!! Smiley Sad

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vijay K
September 2015

Re: Ads showing "Your ad isn't scheduled to run right now"

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Check your ad scheduling like this:
Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
Click the Campaigns tab at the top.
Under All online campaigns, click the name of the campaign to be scheduled. (Remember, ad scheduling is available only for campaigns with “All features” enabled.)
Click the Settings tab, then click the Ad schedule subtab.
Click the + Ad schedule button.
Check your selections for specific days and times.
Click Save. You'll see your changes reflected in the Ad schedule statistics table.

If that does not help, check your time zone preferences and your bid preferences shown in Ad schedule tab.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vijay K
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Check your ad scheduling like this:
Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
Click the Campaigns tab at the top.
Under All online campaigns, click the name of the campaign to be scheduled. (Remember, ad scheduling is available only for campaigns with “All features” enabled.)
Click the Settings tab, then click the Ad schedule subtab.
Click the + Ad schedule button.
Check your selections for specific days and times.
Click Save. You'll see your changes reflected in the Ad schedule statistics table.

If that does not help, check your time zone preferences and your bid preferences shown in Ad schedule tab.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, lemme check the settings Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi all,

I'm having the same issue. There's no active ad scheduling on the campaigns right now, so ads should run 24/7. No budget restrictions, ad serving set to accelerated.

I have set 3 adgroups based on match types:
EXC - exact match keywords only;
PHR - phrase match keywords only, with -[exact keywords] as negatives;
BMM - broad match modifier only, with -[exact keywords], -"phrase keywords" as negatives;

Most keywords are with QS 9, with descent amount of impressions/clicks.
However, the diagnostic tool says "Your ad isn't scheduled to run". Just got off the phone with the AdWords support team, and they have no idea why the ads are not showing.

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks a lot.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi SearchRocks, if you've already spoken to Support, all I can really suggest is that you get back to them and try to get some commitment to finding an answer for you.

Before you do that though, make sure your Ads actually aren't showing.  If it's a glitch, it could be that the glitch is merely in the message not in the actual action of the Account.

If you are absolutely certain that there is no scheduling applied to the Campaign, then get back to support and insist they try to find a solution.

On an unrelated note, you mentioned that your settings are for "Accelerated delivery".  Note that accelerated delivery, when budget is unlimited, is no different from standard delivery.  Accelerated delivery only has an impact on how often Ads are shown if the daily budget is insufficient to allow a 100% impression share.

You also mentioned that you use negatives to block match types.  Although I'm aware this is a popular thing to do, personally I don't recommend it.  AdWords has sophisticated algorithms to deal with situations where more than one Keyword can match a search query and one of the considerations is CPC; in simple terms, AdWords attempts to deliver your Ad at the highest Rank for the lowest cost.  By forcing a match against this algorithm, you are almost certainly paying more per click long term than necessary and, in my opinion, for little actual value in terms of performance monitoring.

Bear in mind that even if, say, both the Phrase and Exact matches show the same QS in the AWFE, this figure is just a representative average, not an absolute, and QS is calculated for each and every auction, so it's quite likely that different match types will have different QSs, for a specific auction.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for your input, Jon.
Really useful, appreciate it.

Apart from blocking match types, I have set max CPC (at both adgroup and keyword levels) as follows - highest bid for exact, lowest bid for BMM, with phrase match in between.

I normally use BMM and exact match only, and I've never had any issues with ad visibility so far.
Hopefully the support team will get back to me with a solution on this.

Stan

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Stan,

It's almost always better to make CPC decisions based upon actual performance, rather than what the performance should be.  If you've been running this way for a while, you could have problems separating cause from effect; in other words, if your Exact matches are seeing better performance than your MBMs, is it because they're Exact match, or because you're bidding higher on those matches?  Higher CPCs (especially combined with Exact matches, which tend to have higher QS) will mean a better Rank and better CTR, but you can't say for certain that the MBMs couldn't do well if they had a similar Rank.  The situation is exacerbated here because you're not allowing AdWords to deliver the cheapest clicks for the same Rank.

I always make "value" decisions for Keywords based upon their performance.  If they return a positive ROAS at a level above the target, I'll give them a decent Rank (by monitoring their average position and adjusting CPCs).  If they're performing below the necessary standard, I'll demote them.  In many cases, the process of adjusting bids in this way will allow non-profitable Keywords to become profitable.

Bidding based purely upon match type doesn't really make much sense, because Keywords of a "looser" match type could, in theory, have a better performance than those that are tighter - it all depends upon the actual Keywords, the sort of searches carried out and all the factors that go into calculating Ad Rank.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits