AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads on Google Maps (Desktop and Mobile App)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hallo community,

I'd like to ask you about: how to show ads on google maps, both destop and mobile app?

I follow all the instructions (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7040605):

• Enable location extensions for your AdWords account.
  • Set up or update your Google My Business listing.
  • Use location targeting and bid by location.
  • Optimize your keywords.

Besides that I had enabled "Search Partners" on campaign settings (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182):

• Google Maps: If you opt to advertise with our search partners in your campaign network settings, your ads with location extensions can appear on Google Maps.

I have keywords that perform on first position in Search, but the same keywords dot not perform on Google Maps - I check it manual by searching on Desktop and Mobile App. Also I asked my friends do the same on other devices.

I try to review, but campaign have no impressions on Serch Partners network.

And I am a little confused about next metrics:

• Get location detail clicks
  • Get direction clicks
  • Mobile clicks-to-call clicks

Because all of them could appear on Search Ads. So I do not know either ads shown on Search or Google Maps.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads on Google Maps (Desktop and Mobile App)

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Valerii,

Do you still need help with this?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes. Still got no response from community.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Valerii,

It sounds like you followed all the necessary steps, like you said, to be eligible for your ads to show as local search ads. At this time, there is not a way to guarantee that your ads appear on Google Maps, and there is also not a specific report you can use to determine which Search Partners sites your ads are appearing on. However, if you do not have any impressions on Search Partners when you segment your performance by network, then it doesn't sound like your ads are appearing on Google Maps. This may happen if you aren't bidding competitively for keywords that are very location-based (ex. "restaurants nearby,") or if you have low quality scores on those keywords. It is highly recommended that you use keywords signaling offline intent (like nearby, near me) as well as location names in your keywords to target potential foot traffic.

If you find that these types of keywords do not get many impressions compared to other, broader keywords, you could also consider breaking these location-based keywords out into a small, separate campaign. Then you would be able to make sure you have a portion of budget reserved for these types of queries and you could monitor their bidding more closely.

I hope this helps,
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Cassie, thank you for you answer.

I just could not understand, how could be that my keywords perform on position one at the search and could not appear on Maps, at the same time my competitors, who perform below top 3 in Search, are appeared on Google Maps Ads.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Valerii,

Position on the search page does not guarantee the same position on Google Maps because a number of different factors go into whether an ad appears on Google Maps at all--the user's search intent, location, the ad's quality score, etc. If they have better quality scores on location-based searches, for example, then they may still beat you out for a position on the Google Maps search page.

I hope this helps to clarify a bit. My main recommendation would be to continue optimizing your campaigns for local searches like I mentioned above.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you one more time.