AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not visible due to low ad rank despite high bid and quality score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I placed an ad which shows a quality score of 7 and shows homepage bid as 10 and top page bid as 61 and my bid is 15, but it shows my ad as eligible bot not visible at the moment, what could be the reason please?

I am using this for the keyword Gifts to India targetted to US in demography and for my website 

www.vouchersmate.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amit S
September 2015

Re: Ads not visible due to low ad rank despite high bid and quality sc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Amit,
An estimate is just that, an estimate. Relatively, bidding slightly over the FPBE will unlikely get you there. Especially for such a generic term like gifts (which I would reconsider by the way).

You'll need to bid much higher to "really" get on the first page for a term like that. There's almost a $50 gap between the top of the page and the last listing on the first page. Anyone bidding higher than you (which is what is happening) with even a slightly higher bid and higher ad rank is beating you to it.

Re: Ads not visible due to low ad rank despite high bid and quality sc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave, am using a varied combination of keywords e.g. birthday gifts to India, gifts to India, birthday gifts for brother to India etc.
Hope they sound as better keywords, also trying to do up display network with keywords placements but it shows up as too few impressions so should I use more generic keywords there?

Cheers
amit.