AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not showing on mobile devices, but should be.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have my capmaign and ads set to show on "all devices" but when I test on a mobile device I never see my ads, even with keyowords that trigger a top position ad on a PC. I learned about making a mobile specific campagin, but the ads don't show there either since the "keyword(s) triggers another ad". I want the SAME ad with the SAME keywords to show on mobile devices as consistently as on PC. Does this have to be done by opening a separate adwords account???

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Ads not showing on mobile devices, but should be.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey rotoclean,

1. What mobile are you checking your ads on? Is it a WAP browser or a full browser?

2. When you create a separate mobile campaign, you should change the settings in your original campaign to show ads only on desktops and tablets.. so that your keywords don't compete against each other.

3. You may want to create WAP ads too Smiley Happy .. WAP ads are seen on mobiles with WAP browsers. the normal ads will be seen for full browser phones. So you should have both type of ads in your mobile campaigns.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

No, you are not allowed to create multiple Adwords accounts for the same business just because you want to show your ads on different devices like desktops, mobiles etc... It's against the Double Serving policy.

Did you check the Ad Preview Tool by changing the default options and setting it to particular targeted location and mobile devices?

Trying to see your ad on live google search is certainly not recommended because it hurts your own numbers like impressions, CTR etc...

Another alternative is you could check your original campaign by segmenting the data by devices. If you see the stats for mobile devices, that means they are running and you shouldn't be worried.

But yes, creating a separate campaign specific for mobile devices is certainly the best practice because mobile users behave in a different way the regular desktop, laptop users bahave.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey rotoclean,

1. What mobile are you checking your ads on? Is it a WAP browser or a full browser?

2. When you create a separate mobile campaign, you should change the settings in your original campaign to show ads only on desktops and tablets.. so that your keywords don't compete against each other.

3. You may want to create WAP ads too Smiley Happy .. WAP ads are seen on mobiles with WAP browsers. the normal ads will be seen for full browser phones. So you should have both type of ads in your mobile campaigns.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I think its impossible to show the same ad.

Mobile ads require different ad format than computers, tablets and iphones.

You need to create a separate ad format for wap devices.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

No, you are not allowed to create multiple Adwords accounts for the same business just because you want to show your ads on different devices like desktops, mobiles etc... It's against the Double Serving policy.

Did you check the Ad Preview Tool by changing the default options and setting it to particular targeted location and mobile devices?

Trying to see your ad on live google search is certainly not recommended because it hurts your own numbers like impressions, CTR etc...

Another alternative is you could check your original campaign by segmenting the data by devices. If you see the stats for mobile devices, that means they are running and you shouldn't be worried.

But yes, creating a separate campaign specific for mobile devices is certainly the best practice because mobile users behave in a different way the regular desktop, laptop users bahave.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj