AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not showing on desktop but show on mobile devices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ads not showing on desktop but show on mobile devices.  They were showing and then they stopped.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads not showing on desktop but show on mobile devices

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Darius S, not much detail to go on there!  Are you looking at the Search network or Display?  If it's the Search network, what is your average position?  Mobiles and desktops can often have quite different average CPCs, so if your Max CPC figure is too low, it's possible it's no longer high enough to win auctions for desktops, but is still OK for mobiles.

This is assuming you've not made any changes to device targeting, of course.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Darius,

There is a possibility of ads not showing on desktop but only on mobile especially when you have just added new keywords as Google takes some time (may be few hours) to evaluate the actual potential of those keywords before it adjusts the metrics. I would suggest increasing your keywords bids and then check again. You can also check if your keywords are Below First Page Bid. You can also try running Broad Match keywords as they will help generating traffic due to their wide reach but be aware of irrelevant terms too, so do add negatives.

By the way for how long your ads were showing on Desktop before they stopped showing?

Regards,
Ashish

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

Sorry.  It's search only network for a low competition keyword.  It's at £2.50.  The keyword planner recommended about £0.50 a bid, it apparently gets 9000 impressions a month.  It did appear in the desktop results and was there for an hour or more but it's not there now but it is there on mobiles at the top.

There are no other ads in the search results and it was at the top of the desktop search.

Thank You

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Darius,

Did you try the Google Ad Preview and Diagnosis Tool to confirm whether your ads are appearing or not on desktop? If not, I would request you to do the same to be sure about the ads invisibility on desktop.

If ads are not appearing there, the tool will let you know the exact cause for this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

Thanks for the response.  I did and they are not running.  I think it said something like it's not running because it is running in another campaign (or something like that)  I was only running 1 campaign and as I mentioned above, they were running then decided to stop all of a sudden

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Darius,

As you said it's a low competition keyword, so its possible the search volume is low on that keyword and Google may stop showing your ad on such keywords until more people have started searching for those keywords. And the search behaviour do vary on different devices.

Regards,
Ashish

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Darius,
I would be able to help you more if you let me know the exact message you are getting from Ad Preview & Diagnosis Tool.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

It's a low competitive keyword but the results are 9000 impressions a month.  This is the same figure as some high competitive keywords that I've put in to the planner.

I can't give you the exact message at the moment but it was something like.  This keyword is triggering other ads with a similar keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still getting the same issue.

Ads showing fine for all keywrods on mobile but not for desktop computers.

Error in Ad diagnostic tool : One of your other ads is already showing for this keyword

Thanks

Darius