AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not showing due to Default bid €0.05

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running a campaign for a friend but his ads are not showing on the first page due to Default bid €0.05. (He originally set up the campaign and put the default bid CPC bid at .05 cent). He has no adwords experience.

I edited the existing campaign settings, input new ad groups and keywords per ad group. I edited the campaign to run on automatic CPC max bid of €1.2 which is fine for first place bid based on his industry keywords.

The only issue is the ads are still not showing because this has not being updated in Adwords. When I check both ad group ads it still says the default bid is .05cent. (not €1.2).

1. Does Adwords take a certain amount of time to update this information?

2. Should I have created a brand new campaign rather than editing his existing campaign ? (due to poor campaign history)

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads not showing due to Default bid €0.05

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello GlenBob,

I am assuming that you are currently running the campaign on automatic bidding, where you have set a CPC bid limit for the campaign. Please correct me if it's not the case here.

I believe that if you have recently made the changes, then give some time to Adwords to make the automatic changes. I am not sure what exactly was the CPC bid limit initially, but if you have changed it now, the system will take sometime to make the required changes and will then set your ads accordingly.

When you hover mouse over individual keyword's speech bubble, what message are you getting?

Does it say ad showing or not?

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply.

Yes that's correct running on automatic bidding. The old cpc was set at .05cent. (now changed to €1.2)

When I mouse over the keywords it says: 'Although your ad is showing, its rank is not high enough to place it on the first page of search results.'

The keywords are tightly grouped and I have ad's with keywords in the heading as per the keywords. The quality score for all keywords is 7 and above.

Also on the keyword lists where it stats max CPC it says auto: €0.05 (not €1.2)

As suggested I will just wait and see if Adwords update my chages in the campaign.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello GlenBob,

I think now problem is you're not bidding enough to show your ads on first page of Google for your keywords. I'll suggest you to bid manually for your keywords itstead of automatic bidding, as it is more powerful than automatic and show you quick response than auto bidding.

You can also check how much you need to bid in order to show your ads on first page or on top position of Google. For this click on Keywords tab and then click on Columns, customize coulmns then click on Attributes then click add on Est first page bid and Est top page bid and then apply. Now you can see two more columns which give you idea how much you need to bid for keywords to your ads on fist page and top position of Google.

Dinesh
My Blog

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks a mill for the useful info. I just changed to manual bidding to see how things goes.

Just a quick question...

The manual Max CPC per keyword that I input is this the actual amount I will pay becaus it's manual bidding or could the CPC be less?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GlenBob
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Glen,

Max CPC will be highest amount you are willing to pay but you will not be charged more then max cpc you set for your individual keyword.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Neha Smiley Happy