AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not running

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ads that have been approved are not running.  I'm seeing the error message in red at the top of the All video campaigns page.  All my ads have been approved and say serving but I'm not seeing any changes in the statistics.  All ads are enabled and have a start and end date setup.  I don't understand why the ads are not being shown.  I setup target groups and locations.  My YouTube account is connect to my AdWords account.  I payed my money upfront before running the ads and the ammount payed is credited under the Billing section.  What's the problem?  I'm not seeing any answers here on other posts people have left with the same question.  Can somebody at Google help, I'm getting very frusterated.

Re: Ads not running

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ray

Sorry to hear about your problems.

"I'm seeing the error message in red at the top of the All video campaigns page" - what exactly does the error message say?

Dave

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It says..

None of your ads are running. Can we help? See more

I don't understand, my ad status says 'serving'.  I read into what each status means and under the possible approval statuses the following are listed:

• Under review
  • Eligible
  • Approved
  • Approved (non-family)
  • Approved (adult)
  • Approved (limited)
  • Disapproved
  • Site suspended

I don't see 'serving' as one of those options so I'm a bit confused on what's going on.  My YouTube account is linked, the payement has been made, and all the setting and target information is filled out.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Rayroman87

You have probably done this already, but did you click on the "See more" link at the and of the message?

Doing so should give you a more detailed message such as "We noticed that all of your campaigns and/or ad groups are currently paused or deleted. If you're interested in running your ads again, the  Google AdWords Team is available to address any questions or concerns you may have about your account." - thats just an example of the type of message you should see.

Try that and let us know what shows.

Dave

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

lol of course I clicked on see more!  That's why I came here because I've read pretty much read everything I need to do as far as I know.  The videos are not paused, and they're set to enabled.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Ok - any chance of telling us what the error message expands to when you click on "See more" - might help.

Also bear in mind that "Video Ad Status = "Serving"" is usually an AdSense error message meaning that the site content fails to meet the Google Adsense policy. Could be a possibility that your ad or your URL, do not meet the Google AdWords DIsplay Network policy requirements? 

It could also suggest that your account may be under a temporary Google AdWords review. These periodic reviews are normal. Google periodically review accounts to make sure that all ads meet their policies, requirements, quality standards, to verify billing information, and to maintain account security. You can contact Google AdWords support directly by selecting 'Contact AdWords' in the upper right-hand corner of this page. A Google support team member will be able to verify if a review is occuring on your account and assist you take it from there. 

Dave

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Strangely, I'm no longer seeing that error message.  Pretty much all it was saying was to check if my videos were paused.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Alls well that ends well!!!!

Best of luck and thanks for letting us know that its sorted.

Dave

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well the ads still say 'serving', not any of the other options listed above.  The statistics haven't shown any changes yet, they're still at 0%.  Hopefully things start to get moving but I wouldn't call this 'sorted' yet.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Have a look at my post above re "Serving" status.