AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads in google shopping results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm wondering if some one can explane me how to create ads with list of product pictures in google shopping, like on this picture:

google shopping ads

We are using products listing ads, but it works only for web results, not for shopping.

Thanks for answers.

Re: Ads in google shopping results

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Cableties,

Welcome to the forum!

You will need to setup a Google Merchant account which creates a feed of all your stores products. You can then connect your Google Merchant Center with your AdWords account.

Setup a Google Merchant Account

Google Merchant Support Forum

Linking Merchant Center & AdWords

Once you do this, you can create product ads in AdWords. Product Listing Ads (PLAs) are products ads that contain an image, headline & price. You can also setup Product Extensions, which are shown with regular text ads.

Hope this guides you in the right direction.

Thanks,

BI

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your answer.

Just one quote from my first post

"We are using products listing ads, but it works only for web results, not for shopping."

For example in web search result we see for some search keyword both: "product extention"(+ line under text ad) and "product listing ads" (other ad line where are our product pictures and competitors product pictures). But when we open sopping search result for the same keyword, we see ad like on the picture before only for other ad, not in our. Our shows like regular text ad only. What ca we do wrong?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Sorry for missing that!

As long as you have your feed setup in Merchant Center, which it sounds like you do since you are using Product Listing Ads, your products should show-up organically in shopping center. You may need to work on optimizing your products in order to show up high in the results, similar to what you would do if you were trying to optimize your website in Google Search.

Also (if you haven't heard), Google Product Search is transitioning to Google Shopping, which is essentially a paid version of the old Google Product Search - this is taking place August 15th I believe.

Since you already have Product Listing Ads setup, you are ahead of the game. When this transition does happen, Product Listing Ads will populate what was the past 'organic' results, which is what you are asking about now.

I would suggest to continue with optimization best practices in order for your Product Listing Ads to show up high in the results when this transition does happen.

Thanks,

BI 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your answer.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I fill, I should post real example to explaine our problem.)

So we are in google product listing ads

product listing ads

Also we are in google shopping results:

google shopping results

So with feeds are every thing fine. 

Question, why in place where I put question signs I don't see any picture like on example from my first post?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey There,

Product Extensions will show where you have the questions marks. However, you need to remember that it is up to Google's discretion when to show these and when not to. Therefore, product extensions will not appear everytime a search is made.

Thanks,

BI