AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads for Products on Amazon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would search for this but I can't find a search for discussin forms.

Anyway, I was going to put up ad for some game books that sell on amazon.

The display url is amazon.com but the destination url is a search that gets

to the books. This seems leagl, after reading the policy but I can't tell for sure.

Does anyone know if this is allowed?

Thanks,

SD

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads for Products on Amazon

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Skdspain,

Welcome!

The search is the bar at the top that says 'Search AdWords Community". Smiley Happy

In regards to your question, there was one just like this posted earlier today.  I'm not exactly positive that it is legal but I can tell you if it does abide by AdWords Policies, it will be a challenge for sure.  

This thread holds a great discussion that should be helpful to you:  https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics-get-started/Adwords-for-Amazon/td-p/4204

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi SKDSpain,

As far as I know paid AdWords traffic is not supported by Amazon's own policies since 2-3 years ago. I used to have the link pointing to this policy but they seem to have re-organized their help files therefore there is no point in posting it here. Anyway the issue lies with Amazon and you should clarify it with their Customer Service.

Bets,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey Lakatos,

Is this the page?  https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/help/operating/participation?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_t=501&...

"6. You will not engage in any promotional, marketing, or other advertising activities on behalf of us or our affiliates, or in connection with the Amazon Site or the Program, that are not expressly permitted under the Operating Agreement.  For example, you will not engage in any promotional, marketing, or other advertising activities in any offline manner, including by using any of our or our affiliates’ trademarks or logos (including any Amazon Mark), any Content, or any Special Link in connection with an offline promotion or in any other offline manner (e.g., in any printed material, mailing, email or attachment to email, or other document, or any oral solicitation).  Upon our request, you will provide us with written certification that you have complied with this Section 6.  We will specify the form of, and content required in, that certification in our request.  Any failure by you to provide the certification in accordance with our request will constitute a material breach of this Operating Agreement."

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I'm with Lakatos and Tom on this:

Please refer to the discussion Tom linked to Calin's answer:

"Quote:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Negative, Tom. I meant the link that Moshe mistakenly posted.... Man LOL

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

OOhhh... This link is broken....

I searched the Amazon new Policy website: I  did not find anything ,,,On various technical forums -  opinions vary, ...Could be that Amazon changed their Policy on this during the last year....?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Yep, could be..... but that's beyond our duties ... Robot LOL