AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads for Mobile

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords PPL,

I was trying to creat ads just which should be shown just for Mobile.

1. So I have created a new campaign - Devices = All - Can I change it to mobile?
  2. I set  Bid adj +30% mobile devices

Is there posibility to set an ad group or campaign wihich ads would be shown only for mobile devides?

Thank you.

- Lukas
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Re: Ads for Mobile

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

To determine a campaign 99.99% for mobile you should set "regular bids" that will be used for desktops to very low amounts and device bids for mobile to +300%.

This translates into bids for mobile 4 times higher than desktop+tablet ( because it is Initial bid + 3 times the initial bid) .

Besides this you can set in each of the ad groups all Ads with mobile preference except 1 Ad which will be used in case of a desktop impression still shows.

For example you could set for all keywords a bid of 0.07 $ and due to the device bid adjustment of +300% the mobiles will have a bid of 4 x (0.07 $ ) = 0.28 $

This setup is explained here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Mobile-only-settings-for-Enhanced-Campaign/m-p/13...

After a week of testing If you do not have enough mobile impressions for a keyword or a too low avg. pos. raise the main bid ( the bid used by a desktop) just a little with 2 or 3 cents bearing in mind that the difference will be multiplied by 4.

Of course you will use your local currency for this.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you Adrian once again for sharing your ideas.
- Lukas

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Also when you make a Display Network campaign ( all features) you can set the campaign to run only on some tablets and mobiles using these instructions : link

"Advanced mobile and tablet options” should expand and you’ll be able to choose operating systems, device models"

However you must manually select mobiles based on the model description like "Iphone 3" , many of them are tablets.

In this situation there is no need for a special bid adjustment for mobiles, the normal bid would be the one used also on mobiles, and desktop would be excluded as well as any other devices that you didn't select.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Adrian that can be really usefull in future when we finish mobile a and tablet web page so I can link them based on davice model.

for my mobile ads I use phone extension so first I have to find out if it make sells and not help center Smiley Happy
- Lukas