AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads for Android App

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Is it possible to some how set up ads to primarily appear on android devices, but still opt out of mobile by using the -100% modifier? The purpose of this would be to target android tablets.  I've added a few ads to my enhanced campaign that promote our app, but would prefer them to only or mostly show up on android tablets. Or if they do show up on desktop show an app extension to the google play store.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads for Android App

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

In Enhanced campaigns you can opt out from mobile devices by setting the bid to -100% (minus) of the desktop bid;

However, desktop and tablets are "under the same umbrella" . I know that many see them as (devices) intended for different usage, and would like have the option of targeting each one (tablets and desktops) separately. But for AdWords - Google sees them as similar devices. Once you target desktops you also target tablets.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’