AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads and keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up ads with keywords but I cannot find where I can check which ads are tied to which keywords...How do I see the ad and the keywords after the ad is running?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads and keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

If I understood correctly here, you want to see which ad copies got clicks for which of the keywords inside Adwords campaigns.

You can do this by extracting the Ad copy report. For that go to Ads Tab and then click on download report. Now before downloading, click on Segment>add segment and choose keyword/placement. Then download the report. It will show you the statistics which you require.

If you want to see your ads on Google search, it's best recommended that you use Ad Preview Tool to do that. More here:-

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704363?hl=en&

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

click on Segment>add segment and choose keyword/placement

Thank you Pankaj!

I didn´t know you could add the keyword segment to that report. I´ve always combined this data in Analytics

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
@David, my pleasure Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi SimplyEG,

I'm not sure Pankaj has answered your question. Organize keywords and ads by AdGroup. In other words, create an ad Group,  create an ad (or more), then add the keywords you wish to trigger that ad in that AdGroup.

Let's say you sell shoes and socks. In one ad group, create an ad for socks and include keywords for socks. In another ad group, create an ad for shoes and add keywords for shoes. This is a bit simplistic, but you get the idea.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords