AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads UNDER REVIEW??????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why does my ads still under review after 3 to 5 days after launching/activating it? I see no wrong with the ads. Please resolve this, I already use http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?hl=en-GB&contact_type=approval_request so many times just to get the approval for my ads and yet no response from AdWords.

The days are that my ads should are now wasted because of this and some major event that should be advertise are now in jeopardy.

Please do Fix this AdWords Team. Smiley Sad

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Ads UNDER REVIEW??????

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kimmy08,

Thanks for contacting us! First and foremost, I want to stress that no one in this community (including Googlers, such as myself) have access to your account information. I am more than happy to address your overall concern, however. 

The previous posts on this question were spot on. You can expect to see a variable amount of review time depending on the content of your ad. For topics that are particularly sensitive (such as trademark or other areas), you can generally expect a slightly longer turnaround time on your reviews. Regardless, we try our best to keep within a 1-3 business day resolution to ad reviews. It may have been that you submitted your ads right before the weekend, which would explain your longer wait time. 

In the future, you can do the following things to mitigate the effect of ad reviews to your overall account:

1. Have general, backup ads in your campaign/ad groups that you can run in case your main ads are under review. A lot of e-commerce advertisers have a general ad without any price points in it to run when specifically priced ads are under review. 
  2. Ensure that you are not editing the ads during the review process. Editing the ad will start the review process over. 
  3. Consider making new ads instead of editing existing, approved ads. This allows the existing ad to run while the new ones are being reviewed.

Finally, as you stated in your original query, you can submit an expedited review request here, which will prompt our review team to assess them as quickly as possible. Please rest assured that we are continually trying to improve the turnaround time on ad review. Your feedback is appreciated and will be noted!

If you have any specific concerns to your account, please reach out to AdWords support by selecting 'Contact AdWords' in the upper-right hand corner of this page. 

Thank you,

Brian D.
Google AdWords Team

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Kimmy08,

Don't feel you are being picked on as this is actually common among AdWords advertisers. It is important to understand that it is Google's reputation / image on the line with regards to what ads they show so they have to ensure only clean, relevant and presentable ads are displayed to their users.

It is frustrating when you have a business to run but patience is needed unfortunately, hopefully they are approved soon!

Kind regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

In addition to Scott helpful advice, please make sure your are not editing your under review ads, if do this it can increase the review time period, b/c as you edit the existing ad that ad review time again start from that moment. If you want to make any change in ad it would be better if you create new ads for ad group and keep under review ads as it is.

Dinesh
My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If your ad text contains some copyright words (for e.g. iPhone, etc.) it usually takes longer to get it approved. Also, after being approved it goes to the Approved(limited) category.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kimmy08,

Thanks for contacting us! First and foremost, I want to stress that no one in this community (including Googlers, such as myself) have access to your account information. I am more than happy to address your overall concern, however. 

The previous posts on this question were spot on. You can expect to see a variable amount of review time depending on the content of your ad. For topics that are particularly sensitive (such as trademark or other areas), you can generally expect a slightly longer turnaround time on your reviews. Regardless, we try our best to keep within a 1-3 business day resolution to ad reviews. It may have been that you submitted your ads right before the weekend, which would explain your longer wait time. 

In the future, you can do the following things to mitigate the effect of ad reviews to your overall account:

1. Have general, backup ads in your campaign/ad groups that you can run in case your main ads are under review. A lot of e-commerce advertisers have a general ad without any price points in it to run when specifically priced ads are under review. 
  2. Ensure that you are not editing the ads during the review process. Editing the ad will start the review process over. 
  3. Consider making new ads instead of editing existing, approved ads. This allows the existing ad to run while the new ones are being reviewed.

Finally, as you stated in your original query, you can submit an expedited review request here, which will prompt our review team to assess them as quickly as possible. Please rest assured that we are continually trying to improve the turnaround time on ad review. Your feedback is appreciated and will be noted!

If you have any specific concerns to your account, please reach out to AdWords support by selecting 'Contact AdWords' in the upper-right hand corner of this page. 

Thank you,

Brian D.
Google AdWords Team

Ads UNDER REVIEW??????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have the same problem , the ads exist in a state of limbo  , for this kinda of problem why i prefer to use facebook ads

Ads UNDER REVIEW??????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

SAME HERE PLEASE HELP MY VIDEO ADS IS REVIEWED FOR MORE THAN TWO WEEKS WITH NOTHING NEW UNTIL NOW , STILL UNDER REVIEW , I THINK THIS IS TOO SLOW , THIS IS URGENT 

HOPE SOME GOOGLER REPLY ON ME 

Ads UNDER REVIEW??????

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies. This thread is from 2012. Please do not post to old threads.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.