AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Running...But Can't See Them in Ad Preview Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I know "why can't I see my ads?" is asked a lot, but I've searched and searched and can't find an answer to this particular scenario:

My campaign is 4 days old, Adwords says my ads are running and I'm accumulating impressions, clicks, and expense. So why is it when I look for them in the Ad Preview Tool I never see them?  I mean NEVER, and I've looked a lot.  I even did a REAL Google search a couple times just in case there was a problem with the Preview Tool, and they don't show there either.  I should add that I HAVE able to see my ads EVERY TIME when I looked for them from my work place (on Thursday and Friday), but here from home, nothing. And yes, I've set my location (in both the Preview Tool and Google itself) to within my targeted location.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads Running...But Can't See Them in Ad Preview Tool

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tualatinite,

Can you please try again after deleting all the cookies in your browser?

Many time that helps.

Info

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Tualatinite,; welcome;

If you cannot see your ads using the preview tool; either your campaign is set for different hours (though you should see a notice on that), or you budget is too low and your ads are rarely shown, or you are bidding too low, and your ad is not eligible to enter the auction (though, you should get a notice on that too)

When you hover with your mouse on the bubble next to the "ad status" - what message do you get?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

The best way would be to first hover mouse over the speech bubble of your keywords and see what status message is shown againt them as Moshe rightly pointed above.

There could be may reasons for ad not showing:

There could be a possibility that due to low ad rank, your ads are not shown quite often.

Look at the Quality Score of your keywords and see if that's high or low.

There might be budget constraints due to which you might not see the ad everytime. Make sure you have enough budget to cope up with the scheduled time.

Lasty, I would definitely say that if you are accumulating data, it means your ads are running. 

Let us know if that helps or not!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for all of the responses.

I'm back at work today and can now confirm that I can, once again, see all of my ads every time I check.  It's only AT HOME that they don't show up.  Again, my location at home is set to well within my targeted location.

So it's apparent to me that Google must be blocking me from seeing them at home for some reason.  This makes some sense, as I have, in the recent past, done many actual Google searches for these same kinds of keywords when I was creating a website for someone in the same field. From what I've read, Google will determine after many searches and no clicks that I'm not interested in those ads, so they stop showing them for me.  Am I on the right track here?

So it seems that the suggestion to clear my cookies (when I get home) is the thing to try, yes?

Thanks again.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Tualatinite,

Just one question for you, and forgive me if you have already thought of this. Is your ad on a schedule to show only certain times of the day? Would those times be when you are at work and not whn you are at home?

It is true that Google wil personalize both your search results and the ads displayed, but that is the number one reason for using the ad preview tool and it does not personalize the results. Personalization is not necessarily done with a cookie, I'm not sure that it uses a cookie at all. If you have a G+ account and are logged in, the personalization is done through that account.

One other idea, did you by any chance add your home IP address to the excluded IP list in your campaign? That would be the only indicator Google would use not to display your ad to you if you are using the Ad Preview tool. If you did not set the location specifically and you use a large ISP at home, you culd be getting an IP address that does not report to Google as being wihtin your targeted area. IP based location is based on the actual location of the ISP who controls the block of address from which your address is pulled. For national ISP's the IP address could appear to be outside yoru target enven though you are physically within the area.

I do not believe slearing your cookies will solve this for you, but you can give it a shot. If you have the Chrome browser, use incognito mode and see if that makes a difference. And use the Ad Preview tool rather than a live search.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Pete, thanks for your thoughts.

No, I haven't scheduled ads to show at certain times of the day, and no, I haven't excluded any IPs.  However, I AM using a large, national ISP (Frontier, formerly Verizon) so perhaps this comment...

"For national ISP's the IP address could appear to be outside yoru target enven though you are physically within the area."

...is right on the money!  Something I will definitely look into.

Thanks so much, appreciate it.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi again Tualatinite;

Just for testing: expand for a few hours the area you are targeting ,to see if the ads appear.

Could be that you installed an ad blocker at home?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Ads Running...But Can't See Them in Ad Preview Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Even i cant see the preview , i have used AdCustomizer 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.