AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Rotate Evenly Setting. What's your best practice?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Folks,

I understand we can set ads by Rotate Evenly under campaign's advanced setting, which can be used for ad copy A/B testing perfectly.

But could we make this setting under just one ad group? What if we have one ad group need some copy idea to test but other remain the way they are?

If just to create a new campaign for one ad group A/B testing only, then the QS will be started as 6, which I don't think it's the right effort.

Anyone knows? Cheers everyone!

Jason

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads Rotate Evenly Setting. What's your best practice?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Jason;
Ad rotation is set at the campaign level.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Jason,

Though the ads rotation setting is available only at campaign level.
You can try within a new campaign but yes QS will be regenerated for that new campaign.
Not aware if experiments are available to test this setting.

Better is you run a test within the same campaign go with changed ad rotation setting for a week and analyse the difference by comparing 1 week data.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Archit,

Thanks for your reply.

But in this case, the test gonna affect the other ad group with my best performing ads, doesn't it?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Yes the other adgroups will also be effected.
Then you have the only option to create a separate campaign for only that required adgroup.

Else wait if any expert puts some light here with an alternate solution.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’