AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Not Running in my Email Retargeting Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey all!

We have a list of email address (in the thousands) we collected and want to serve those email addresses ads. I uploaded them and created an audience as instructed in the AdWords documentation. I then went and created various ads, which were approved. 

However, none of the ads are getting served. Why is that?

I already:

1. Checked to make sure the emails were added properly
  2. Re-created the audience and campaign
  3. Re-created the adS
  4. Made sure the bid was high enough and the daily budget was high enough

I noticed today there is this message - "You can only show Display Network ads to your Customer Match lists by using Gmail ads." 

Is this true? I can only show Gmail ads? That seems strange, but even then, I created GMail ads and still no luck. 

Any idea? Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community. If you are using Customer Match lists, you can only use them to target Search, YouTube, and Gmail campaigns. It's not available for targeting third-party sites on the Google Display Network. It sounds like you may be using this list for a Display campaign. 

You can learn more here. We hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Best,

Jens

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response. I did some more digging into this and I do think you're correct, however, it's extremely difficult to troubleshoot the issue within Google. I wound up switching to AdRoll which was better suited for this type of retargeting.