AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Don't Appear

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I chose automatic CPC and chose keywords that actually appear in my ad. Yet I get the message:

Your keyword isn’t triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low ad rank. The keywords I chose are ranked as Below Average! How can this be? Grateful for anyone who can answer.Woman Frustrated

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Ads Don't Appear

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Isabel,

If you want to know How do you get your ads to appear on the first page then you need to Check your First page bid estimates and Est. top page bid.

Steps: Click on Keywords Tab>> Click on Columns Button>>Choose Customize columns from the drop-down menu>>Attributes>>add Est. first page bid and Est. top page bid and click Save.

I would like to suggest you Manual bidding option so that you can easily optimize keywords bids in order to get good "Avg. Position".

Now come to Ad Rank which calculated using your bid amount and Quality Score.

Ad Rank determines your ad position -- where your ad shows on the page in relation to other ads.

The main components of your Ad Rank are your bids and the quality of your ads, keywords, and website as measured by what we call Quality Score.

So to get good position you have to improve your quality score.If you are having good quiality score that means your ad, keyword, and landing page are all relevant.

As you said your Ad relevance is Below average that means your ad or keyword may not be specific enough or that your ad group may cover too many topics. Try creating tightly-themed ad groups by making sure that your ads are closely related to a smaller group of keywords.

How Can You Improve Your Quality Score?

Once you know your quality score, you can optimize and improve it, For that you just need to optimize your ad groups and other variables. Focus on the terms that have the weakest quality scores.

Text adcopy:

your text ad should be closely matches the keywords you’re bidding on. Are your keywords with a low quality score only vaguely related to your copy? Either change the copy, put the keyword in new group with specific ad copy.

Adgroup:

If Your ad groups are tightly focused then there is no need to use exact match on all keywords, but if broad or phrase match isn’t working maybe you should look to tighten it up. Also keep close eyes on negative matches. Negative matches help relevance and should help your CTR, thus improving your quality score.

CTR:

Next, review all poorly performing text ad copy by CTR. Can you rewrite the ad copy to tighten the focus? Rewrite and test. If this doesn’t improve your quality score, keep rewriting, or dump the ad. Be very careful making changes to ads that perform well, however, as this will also effect your score.

Keywords:

After conducting this optimization, remove any poorly performing keywords in terms of quality score. Low quality keywords can drag down your entire campaign, as Google looks at historical averages across your campaign and account, not just specific keywords. However, the higher your overall quality score, the more you can get away with some underperforming keywords.

Landing Page:

Review your landing pages. Don’t sweat this too much, as landing pages don’t really have much affect on you quality score, unless they are god-awful. They can certainly do you harm if you stray too far outside Google’s Adwords Landing Page Guidelines. Be relevant, clear, don’t trap users or try to fool them, and focus on usability.

Just a thought of Mine!

Thanks
Anchal

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Isabel,

according to Google AdWords

Ad rank = QS x Bids

so to achieve higher ad rank, you need to make sure you have maintained good QS and have appropriate bids for each keyword. For QS, check relevancy (keyword-ad-landing page), landing page load time, and CTR of keywords. Bids is completely a subject matter varying from keyword to keywords, but from your end you can ensure that your ads are not ranking below the first page.

These two things should help you get started. Hope this helps you out.

- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭