AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adgroup still paused even after enabling it 24 hours ago!!!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

AdGroup is still showing paused (status) even after enabling it 24 hours ago!!! This Adgroup was created nearly a year ago and after running for sometime, we had to pause it. Could anybody say why it is still is pause mode?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mainak Banerjee
September 2015

Re: Adgroup still paused even after enabling it 24 hours ago!!!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Mainak,

You can pause items on multiple levels in AdWords. If your campaign is paused...the status of the ad group is trumped and regardless if it's active or not, ads will not run.

I would start at the top of the account structure and work your way down.

1. Ensure that your campaign is active
2. Ensure that your ad group is active
3. Ensure that your keywords and ads are active.

If those 3 check out and you have proper billing set up, you should at lease be eligible to enter ad auctions.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Manik,

Well if you re-enabled it should start working immediately. Why don't you contact Adwords support . I'm sure they can have a look on your account and help you.

This link will help - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Nisal. I've emailed them. Anyway, please check the name of a member before you reply next time.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Mainak B,

Really sorry for misspelling your name Smiley Happy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mainak Banerjee
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Mainak,

You can pause items on multiple levels in AdWords. If your campaign is paused...the status of the ad group is trumped and regardless if it's active or not, ads will not run.

I would start at the top of the account structure and work your way down.

1. Ensure that your campaign is active
2. Ensure that your ad group is active
3. Ensure that your keywords and ads are active.

If those 3 check out and you have proper billing set up, you should at lease be eligible to enter ad auctions.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’