AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adgroup Level sitelink extension with Enhanced campaign

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi All,

My first question! Smiley Happy

This is certainly a very good feature but it is very time taking process to implement it specially in old campaigns. I recently upgraded one of my account to Enhanced campaign and I have 28 campaigns and each has approx. 80 adgroups. Now basically the good thing is I need to use with same adgroup level site link extension for 8 adgroups. So I have 10 set of adgroup level links. Each set will go into 8 adgroups.

Bad thing is we even can't select multiple adgroups at the same time and we can't copy it to another adgroup :'(

And this feature is not available in Adwords Editor. As if now I have done it for top performing adgroups. But does anyone knows any shortcut? So I can save some of time and can utilize that time for optimization.

What I though so far is to do it for five campaigns each day. Or first do it for top performing campaign - adgroups. Can anything else be done except waiting for Google to update this feature? If not, I request Google to please provide this feature asap Smiley Happy

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adgroup Level sitelink extension with Enhanced campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm pretty certain we're going to see a whole truck load of features rolled out over the coming months and you won't be alone in hoping for some improvements in Sitelink management and reporting (you may have seen a thread on this quite recently here where I said as much).

I think Google are very aware that work's needed there but they have a long "To Do" list and some things are more important than others...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Thanks for reply Sir. I agree, that is why I am asking if anyone is aware of any shortcut or any spreadsheet upload to do it quickly. I am unable to find anything.

Otherwise I have to do it manually as we are not sure when these changes going to be rolled out.

I think I missed the thread you are referring, can you please share link.

Thanks
Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I noticed another thing about EH sitelinks today. I have a client with 2 websites, almost identical, but for 2 different geographical regions. For this they have almost identical but still separate campaigns.

Unfortunately the sitelinks for each website / campaign will be identical as well, and by looking at them you cannot tell which campaign the belong to. So you need to check the URL for each sitelink when adding it.

Not the biggest or most common problem perhaps, still a problem.

Btw, when it comes to Editor, please support click to down load ads, it´s a pain in the a** working for App-campaigns right now.

[ Edited ]
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Great discussion!

Zee
G+

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Sure Zee. No Objections!

Sorry for posting it on wrong place.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Please move it : )

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Moved. Smiley Happy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’