AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Addwords billing for 997% increase in clicks for the month of march and not 1 new customer ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have had a 997% increase in clicks to our add account, from 210 on ave per month to 2600 and not 1 new customer we think that someone is being rewarded for clicking on our add and making money this has happened years ago with yahoo.

Has this happened any one else ?

What can we do?

I think its abuse

Mr Hygiene

Re: Addwords billing for 997% increase in clicks for the month of march and not 1 new customer ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Google has software for detecting invalid click, but who knows how efficient it is?

Let´s start our own detective work:

- how many customers did you use to get when you averaged 210 click / month? On average last 6 months

- how do you know that your customers find you via ads on Google and not via other channels?

Re: Addwords billing for 997% increase in clicks for the month of march and not 1 new customer ?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey

If I were you I would closely look at google analytics report for paid clicks on following counts

1. Avg time on site

2. Avg page views

That basically should give you fair idea about quality of the clicks and if they are fraudulant

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi MrHygiene,

1. Where are you seeing that clicks? In Adwords or in an on-site metric tool (e.g Google Analytics)

2. Have you made any changes to the campaign at all? Added, deleted, changed any options or ads?

3. How many adds do you have running for the campaign in question?

4. Is this the first time that it happened?

5. How many days since this happened?

Best Regards

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Are you comparing apples to oranges? Were those 210 clicks all search ads? What's the breakdown of the 2600: Google search vs search partners vs display network?