AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adding the Live Chat Extension button in AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage the Adwords campaign for WebsiteAlive, a Live Chat software provider.  I would like to be able to add the Live Chat extension to our ads. I noticed it when I googled "Live Chat" and saw the Chat button extension in a ad by BoldChat. Does anyone have any information about how to add this extension to our ads, I do not see it in my Adwords dashboard under extensions.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding the Live Chat Extension button in AdWords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

This is a feature that is/was in beta testing. Here is a similar discussion we had last year.  Basically, you can contact Google support or your account rep (if you have one) to see if you qualify.  Also, please keep in mind that many beta opportunities are limited in many ways, there are no guarantees.

Good Luck!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Adding the Live Chat Extension button in AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Mike,
We also use website alive however Google is currently not supporting it from a response I just got back from them a couple days ago. They are only supporting LivePerson and BoldChat. We are switching chat clients to get ahead of our competition. We are currently using your product and unfortunately it is unfair for Google to only support a few clients because we are switching and I can imagine that quite a few of your clients are making the same move.. There is no telling how long it will take for Google to support other chat clients so we have no choice but to switch. Retraining our call center staff will be fairly easy for us so the switch make sense.