AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adding manual location extensions - "Cannot find that address".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a couple of small holiday accommodation clients and I'd like to add location extensions to their ads, Both have Google Places accounts, but if I were to add the location extension from their Google Places account, I would need to provide the client's user name and password. I don't want to tell them to add the location extension (because hey, I'm supposed to be managing their AdWords accounts) and I don't want to just ask them for their Google account details and log in as them!

So that leaves the Manually Entered Addresses option in Location Extensions. Except that when I enter the address (exactly as it appears in Google Places as far as I can see), for both clients I get the error message "Cannot find that address".

Suggestions anyone?

Re: Adding manual location extensions - "Cannot find that address

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hello Mark,

I think the answer is here:

Error message "Cannot find this address":

If you see this error message while trying to add a manually-entered address, we recommend trying one of the following:

• Contact Google Maps: Search for your address in Google Maps. When you find the appropriate address, click the "Report a Problem" link.

Hope this helps.

milda prušinskaitė

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've managed to get one of them to work by putting the business name as the first line of the address, but that tactic doesn't work for my other client!

I've submitted my problem to the Google Maps 'Report a Problem' link, as you suggested, but isn't this really an AdWords problem rather than a Maps or Places problem? I mean, the client's address in Google Places is correct.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, I managed to get the second one working. How? By changing the first line of the address from "______ Country House" to "_____ House", even though Google Places has the address as "_____ Country House"!

Is this some kind of weird puzzle just to test us?!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Team,

There have been lot of issues that were raised recently by advertisers who were not able to locate their Location Extension along with the ad. It was because of the update to use the location Extensions at the Account, Campaign, AdHroup levels was launched. 

When you add a location by manually enter address option, you will have to ensure that you do not select the Upgrade option where you can add the Locairon extensions from the Places account. 

Simply, use manually entered address, or use location extension from the Google Places, but dont use both of them.

Best,

Sandeep