AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adding an image to a text ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Does anybody know if it is possible to add an image to a text ad created in AdWords or AdSense? If not, do you know of any ad networks or DSPs that can do this? I'm trying to create an ad that mimics Facebook's sponsored story ads for my blog. Please advise.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Adding an image to a text ad

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

In many/most image ads you can create with the display ad builder, you can/do include some text with those image ads. I'm not familiar with facebook, I don't know if the ads are similar to what you are looking for, but NO - text ads are text only ads. Display ads can be image, text, video, or some combination. Check out the display ad builder, and see if there is a template that resembles what you're looking for.

http://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/plan-creative-campaigns/display-ad-builder.html

Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Arsenal24

In addition to what tomhalejr said above, I would like to add that Image Ads and Text ads are different. Although, you can have text in your image ads, but certainly text ads are only text ads, which runs on Google Search Network. Image ads, video ads, Flash ads etc...are all part of formats available to advertise on Google Display Network.

Different formats available for you to advertise on GDN are in thes links: 

Image ads requirements

InVideo ads requirements

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the insight, Tom and Pankaj.

Chris

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is not the case that text ads are only text ads. Google will automatically insert images into text ads. Unfortunately, you can not add your own. You can ask Google to exclude images from your text ads though. See link below.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6011901?hl=en