AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adding a new website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just set up a new website for a new company unrelated to the one already added to google adwords. How do I add this one to maximise my position on google?

Thanks

Suzie

Re: Adding a new website

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Suzie - 

For clarity in performance and spend, I would recommend adding a new AdWords account. If you would like to access both accounts with one login, you can set up a MCC (a Master Client Center) as an individual. Once you have done that you can add the existing account to the master, then create a new one for your new site.

I don't know that you will be able to "maximize your position on Google" with a new site. If you are thinking of leveraging the "good" account history from the existing AdWords account by adding campagins for your new site to it, I wouldn't recommend it. This really doesnt work because Google recognizes the new domain and assesses your assumed quality score for keywords based on their relelvance to the content on the site.

I would recommend thoroughly planning and editing your campaigns/ads/keywords for the new site in Ad Words Editor, offline, so you can organize as much as possible for a better starting assumed quality score when you post.

If I didn't cover your question, please post again!