AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adding a new account to AdWords Editor

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Is anyone else having trouble when trying to add a new account to AdWords editor.

I've added a new account to my MCC but when I try to add it through the editor it's not there and cannot be selected.

This happened a couple of weeks ago and it appeared a few days later, but there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to access immediately. I've had MCC access for a week - more or less...

Is it just me? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding a new account to AdWords Editor

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Steve,

If it's the same situation I've been in, you'll need to go to the Accounts button, click on +Add and then enter your MCC details there. You'll be presented with the complete list of clients with the ability to select which you want to download immediately.

It's as if AdWords Editor isn't pulling account level data from the MCC on a regular basis.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Scotty,

Thanks for the reply but that'snot working. The MCC is already added to AWE, but the new account which was added a few days ago simply doesn't appear...

I've now got the Google techs looking at it for me and I'll post back here once they come up with a solution.

I can see all the other accounts - it's just htisnew one - which I can see in the UI - that is missing... oh well....

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

My MCC was also already added. The account would only appear on the list once I effectively re-added it basically.

I hope the techs can sort it out for you!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Editor does not automatically sync the list of MCC accounts at all. To refresh the list, click Add and go through the process as if adding it anew. What Scott says, essentially.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Which is what I have done, but it doesn't find the new account....

The engineers sent screenshots, but my options are greyed out - I've sent screenshots back

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

When I try to add a new account I get the sign up - which requires the email account from the MCC...

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 17.35.13.png

Once I add the email address it gives me a list of all the accounts in the MCC so I can choose which one I want to download...

Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 17.37.33.png

But the new account is not in the list - and I can find no way to add it manually....

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I have a solution - but it's not very nice...

If you REMOVE your MCC and then re-add it - the new accounts appear.

Now, that's clunky enough to be worthy of Microsoft....