AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adding Remarketing to external sites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to know if it is possible to add remarketing to Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and so on.

I understand that you need to have code on those pages.  For Facebook, a custom tab can be created.  However, is there a way to capture the lead, if they simply view the main facebook business page?  Ideally, I would prefer to not have a default tab, simply for usability.  One option (that I don't know would work), would be to add the code to your "about" section.  However, if this doesn't support HTML, it wouldn't work.

My thoughts are that Google will continue to improve the remarketing options.  You can already link your social media properties in analytics, so my hope is that they will use that information, and provide a simplified solution.  Until then, anyone have any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding Remarketing to external sites

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi jlugbill2,

That's just not possible at this time. There is no way to capture any data about a visit to a business page (or any other "page") in Facebook. You can not place html or javascript on the page anywhere. I'm fairly certain you iwll find this true of Twitter, Pinterest and other social networking sites.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords