AdWords
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Adding Phone number in ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have found so may ads running on Google with Phone nos. without using call extension option. For instance

1. vineetvishnu.wix.com/adwordsindia‎
    098118 81086
    Daily Budget Rs 150 +Business Leads
    + Free Analytics + Smart Management

Please help me in understanding this thing.

Thanks in Advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adding Phone number in ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Shankar,

Thanks for your question.

As per AdWords policy, adding phone number in ad text is no longer allowed. You will need to add your contact number as call extension.

If you can provide us the screenshot of the ad where you have seen phone number in ad text then I will be able to help you further.

Thanks,
Rahul

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Shankar,

Thanks for your question.

As per AdWords policy, adding phone number in ad text is no longer allowed. You will need to add your contact number as call extension.

If you can provide us the screenshot of the ad where you have seen phone number in ad text then I will be able to help you further.

Thanks,
Rahul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your reply. I have shared an ad copy where I found the phone number.
You can check below

vineetvishnu.wix.com/adwordsindia‎
098118 81086 ======================>> this is the phone no which i found just above the first line description.
Daily Budget Rs 150 +Business Leads
+ Free Analytics + Smart Management

Could you please explain how could we no as in the above ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Shankar,

This is possible with call extension. Your number can appear next to the headline or below the ad text.

Thanks,
Rahul

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rahul,

Check this screen shot Rahul. I saw this ad on mobile device and but couldn't find the same on Computer and Tablets. I somehow feel, that there is an exception to this policy.when you mark your ads as mobile preferred.  Any insights you have on this.

Untitled.png

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Prashanth,

I think there is no exception to phone number in ad text policy. The policy clearly states that there will be no phone number allowed in ad text.

Regarding the screenshot, it is just that the ads can appear on mobile in different format. One of them is in the screenshot you sent. Here the phone number comes from call extension. If you click on the phone number or call button it will take you to the same number.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rahul

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

Hi Prashanth,

This is how Call Extensions can look on mobile devices. We are always trialling different ways of displaying ads.

Follow this link to start setting up call extensions!

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

Hope you are well

I have a similar problem,i enabled call extensions but i am not seeing it for all my keywords,only some of them

Do you know what is the reason for this?

P.S I have enabled the call extension for all my campaigns 

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.