AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Add audiences to a Display Network only - Remarketing campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

According to support file for

Add audiences interests and remarketing lists to an ad group

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497940

we may

Add audiences to a "Display Network only - Remarketing" campaign

I have already constructed a display network only - remarketing campaign, and i follow the instructions of

the above file in order to add audiences.

After i press +Campaign i cant find the already existing remarketing campaign. It says only "loading settings from" Existed campaigns, and when i choose the name of the existed campaign it doesnt display the dropdown menu  with the options:

previous visitors,

New audiences

in market audiences

that the support file refers to.

Any enlightment ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ioannis A
September 2015

Re: Add audiences to a Display Network only - Remarketing campaign

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Ioannis,

From what I can understand here, I think you have already created a new 'Remarketing only' campaign and if that is the case, you don't need to take the steps 2 & 3.

All you need to do is:

1. Click on the Remarketing campaign 'investinventure_display_remarkeing'
2. At the adgroup level, click on the 'DIsplay Network tab' & then click on the 'Interests & Remarketing' tab
3. Then add the remarketing list by clicking on '+Targeting'
4. Once you have done this, you will be asked to choose an adgroup to add the audiences to
5. Select the adgroup (if you havent created an adgroup, I suggest you create one before taking these steps). Choose the adgroup you just created or an already existing adgroup (if you wish to add targeting to an already existing adgroup)
6. Once you have selected the adgroup, you will be given a summary of the targeting that is present in the adgroup. You then need to click on the 1st Horizontal tab called 'Interests & Remarketing'
7. Once you have clicked on the tab, you will be given a list of all the 'remarketing lists' that exist in your account. You just need to add the list you wish to add to the campaign by click on the list name
8. Choose the 'Target & Bid' option to ensure you can bid manually for this campaign and then hit close & then Save at the bottom of the page

You should be able to see the Remarketing list in you campaign now as part of an adgroup.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your reply and concern.
Your answer partially substitutes the solution described in the support file https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497940 

in the section "Add audiences to a "Display Network only - Remarketing" campaign".

The options that i need to use/see for the Remarketing campaign 'investinventure_display_remarkeing'

are the following:
- previous visitors,

- New audiences

- in market audiences

The options are included in the +Targeting tab

Then,

Select an ad group to get started,  

press Interest and Remarketing

press dropdown menu Remarketing Lists and then i see

the Previous Visitors as Remarketing Lists,

New Audiences / Similar to remarketing Lists / In-market audiences

Perhaps the support file https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497940 has not been updated recently.
Thanks Shashank

View solution in original post

Add audiences to a Display Network only - Remarketing campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

According to support file for

Add audiences interests and remarketing lists to an ad group

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497940

we may

Add audiences to a "Display Network only - Remarketing" campaign

I have already constructed a display network only - remarketing campaign with name investinventure_display_remarkeing, and i follow the instructions of

the above file in order to add audiences.

After i press +Campaign i cant find the already existing remarketing campaign. It says only "loading settings from" Existed campaigns, and when i choose the name of the existed campaign it doesnt display the dropdown menu  with the options:

previous visitors,

New audiences

in market audiences

that the support file refers to.

Any enlightment ?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Ioannis,

From what I can understand here, I think you have already created a new 'Remarketing only' campaign and if that is the case, you don't need to take the steps 2 & 3.

All you need to do is:

1. Click on the Remarketing campaign 'investinventure_display_remarkeing'
2. At the adgroup level, click on the 'DIsplay Network tab' & then click on the 'Interests & Remarketing' tab
3. Then add the remarketing list by clicking on '+Targeting'
4. Once you have done this, you will be asked to choose an adgroup to add the audiences to
5. Select the adgroup (if you havent created an adgroup, I suggest you create one before taking these steps). Choose the adgroup you just created or an already existing adgroup (if you wish to add targeting to an already existing adgroup)
6. Once you have selected the adgroup, you will be given a summary of the targeting that is present in the adgroup. You then need to click on the 1st Horizontal tab called 'Interests & Remarketing'
7. Once you have clicked on the tab, you will be given a list of all the 'remarketing lists' that exist in your account. You just need to add the list you wish to add to the campaign by click on the list name
8. Choose the 'Target & Bid' option to ensure you can bid manually for this campaign and then hit close & then Save at the bottom of the page

You should be able to see the Remarketing list in you campaign now as part of an adgroup.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your reply and concern.
Your answer partially substitutes the solution described in the support file https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497940 

in the section "Add audiences to a "Display Network only - Remarketing" campaign".

The options that i need to use/see for the Remarketing campaign 'investinventure_display_remarkeing'

are the following:
- previous visitors,

- New audiences

- in market audiences

The options are included in the +Targeting tab

Then,

Select an ad group to get started,  

press Interest and Remarketing

press dropdown menu Remarketing Lists and then i see

the Previous Visitors as Remarketing Lists,

New Audiences / Similar to remarketing Lists / In-market audiences

Perhaps the support file https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497940 has not been updated recently.
Thanks Shashank