AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Add Negative target placements in bulk NOT WORKING

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to prevent my video campaign add from being shown against irrelevant content.

I'm using Negative Targets within the target tab.

However after I've added the list of targets to add to the negative list. When i select the 'Add Negative Placements' i receive a warning stating

The format of the website URL is invalid.!!!

Why i'm getting this after adding the suggestive list i'm not sure

This is preventing me from preventing me from applying negative placements in bulk.

Please help. If users aren't able to use this feature they will be paying through the nose for their video to be placed on irrelevant content. I.n my case computer games videos!!! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Add Negative target placements in bulk NOT WORKING

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi there,

The feature itself definitely works (just tested it in my own account). Can you let me know which site you're trying to add and how you're trying to input it (i.e. how it's formatted) in the negative target section?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Track Y
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Urgent update to all performing video ad campaigns

Google have confirmed it's a defect on there system that prevent bulk negative targeting from working for items selected that contain URL format issues. I.E within Group level exclusions select 'Search for Suggestions' enter 'minecraft' Select all and select 'Add Negative Placements' you receive an error stating 'The format of the website URL is invalid.'. This prevent any from the list from being added to your exclusions.The problem is you don't know which one from the list contains the error

Item [8-5007000001260]

I urge you to check where your video have actually been placed.
Despite rigorously setting up my campaign to target only the Demographics (9) Topics (20) Interests (4) Placements (7) required i found that most views where coming from inappropriate videos.

Being able to perform bulk negative placements is a must.
Do you really want your video being associated to minecraft game console clips, when games wasn't a topic selected!!!

Will let you know when resolved.
Track Your Ltd

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.