AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Add More ads to Existing Adgroup

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 ads in a adgroup and both are converting good, but the CTR is very poor.

Now, I want to  add more ads to test if CTR can be increased. I fear that adding more ads to existing ads will share the impression/budget etc of performing ads and may affect the current converions.

So, what can be the step-by-step way to test new ads in this situation.

THks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Add More ads to Existing Adgroup

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Anil,

In your situation, I could think of Adwords campaign experiments, where you could experiement creating new ads for your existing ad groups and run them to see how they are performing. Based on the statistical information you will get after running the experiment, you can decide whether to keep them or not.

You can refer to this documentation for more details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Anil,

In your situation, I could think of Adwords campaign experiments, where you could experiement creating new ads for your existing ad groups and run them to see how they are performing. Based on the statistical information you will get after running the experiment, you can decide whether to keep them or not.

You can refer to this documentation for more details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Welcome to our growing community!

Here's additional information through You Tube Channel (Google Adwords Videos) to help you on your experiment.

AdWords Campaign Experiments: Setting your experiment parameters

AdWords Campaign Experiments: Defining your experimental changes

AdWords Campaign Experiments: Monitoring your experiment

AdWords Campaign Experiments: Understanding your experiment results and statistical

Sometimes, you have to go out of your comfort zone & see if the grass is greener on the other side ...Smiley Tongue

More Power,
Loraine