AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Add Account labels

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Can anyone guide me how to add account labels in bulk my exact requirement is to add unique label to every account. I have more than 200 accounts to add.

I would really appreciate can anyone provide me adwords script or bulk upload sheet to change account names.

Thanks in advance …. Smiley Happy

Aravindhu.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Add Account labels

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

HI Aravindhu
this is how I currently do it. I am not sure if there is a better way but it works for me.

1. in your MCC click on "Account Labels"
2. click on "create New"
3. enter new Name.
4. then Check all accounts that you want labeled the same label.
5. click on "Account label" again and choose the new name.

6.click "apply"
(See screen Shot)

Account Label.png

That should label all the account that you want at the same time. I would then do it case by case as you set them up.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Terry
Thank you so much for your help.

Actually the process you suggested is suitable for one or two labels or up to 50, but I am looking for apply more than 200 labels for unique accounts in bulk.

Kindly let me know if you know any process to do this task.

Thanks,
Aravindhu.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
i dont think if there there is any such option to edit labels at account level in bulk.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Aravindhu Ch adding Labels via a script is relatively easy, but whether it's worthwhile or not will depend upon the nature of the Labels - specifically, how "unique" they are, and how they relate to the Accounts themselves.

To automate the process of applying the Labels you'll either need some sort of "rule" that defines what a Label should be (e.g. a numerical procession, or something based upon the Account name) or a pre-written list in a spreadsheet and if it's the latter, it'll probably take as much time to produce the spreadsheet as it would just to do them all manually.

Can you provide an example of the sort of Labels you want to apply?  

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Jon_Gritton

Thank you for writing back.

The purpose is actually account names, we have more than 200 accounts which names are in numeric numbers, I want to change all the account names to advertiser names, I searched and try to change account names with script, but unfortunately I could not find a way to do that.

Then I thought of applying unique labels for each advertiser with advertiser name, it could help us to identify the account name, meanwhile we will change the account name manually.

These labels will help us to reporting and other optimizing process for a short time.

Please let me know the above details sufficient for your understand or you need more info.

Thanks in Advance,

Aravidhu.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Aravindhu Ch OK, I understand what you're trying to do, but I still feel you'll put as much work into an automated labelling script as you would simply going ahead and re-naming manually, particularly since (unless I'm mistaken) at this time there's no way to programmatically create Account labels.  You can apply them, or change their text, but not create them (at the MCC level).

One thing I can offer, though it's not much, is that it might be a good idea to apply a Label called "To Rename" to all your current Accounts that need changing.  As you rename them, you can remove this label.  Doing this will make it easier to filter the Account list once you start renaming.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Jon_Gritton

Thank you so much for your assistance, its really helpful, will follow the process suggest by you.

Thank you once again for your help... Smiley Happy