AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords editor 11 - downloading statistics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I'm trying to download statistics to AdWords editor through the "Vies statistics" button (the regular interface is not good enough for a large scale change I want to do). But no matter which metrics I select to be downloaded, the Ok button on the window stays grayed out and I can't confirm my selection. Does someone have an idea about how to download statistics to the Editor with this issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords editor 11 - downloading statistics

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
In the Download Statistics dialog, you need make three choices: a date range at the top, a set of stats on the right, and the set of campaigns / ad groups (possibly, the whole account) on the left (my guess is, you are forgetting this last one). Once correct choices are made for all three, OK button should be enabled.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for the input but I tried that as well, still the button keeps giving me the cold shoulder. Smiley Sad

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Are you trying to include today's date in the date range, by any chance? That won't work - for technical reasons, Editor can only get stats for full calendar days, up to and including yesterday, but not for the partial day of today.

If that's not it, could you show a screenshot of the dialog (perhaps with identifying information redacted)?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Nop, no partial days were included. We tried to get stats for the same account with colleagues (using different computers) - it worked for some, but others also had the problem.

Here is a screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/lvscsUcTMzw I marked the three selections you mentioned earlier.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Juris B
January 2016

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
See if it works if you enter dates in all-numeric format, e.g. 05-01-2016 (I assume the convention where you are is day-month-year; if not, rearrange parts accordingly). I suspect Editor can't parse 05-Jan-16 as a valid date.

You seem to be running Windows. Under Control Panel > Region and Language, what language do you have selected, and what's the "Short date" format? If you don't mind me asking. I suspect the difference between machines where stats dialog is working and those where it doesn't is regional settings, and the date format in particular.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Awesome, changing the date setting on my control panel to M/DD/YYY solved the issue.
You are the man, Igor! Smiley Very Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Igor !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow. This works. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

LMAO - "Wow that works", read the thread; it is the most synched forensic of a technical problem ever....is this a great country or what!