AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords and AdSense

[ Edited ]
moe
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
moe
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Suzanne I am new to the Adwords Community and would like to turn my facebook page into a shopping mall for my model facebk friends and ladies. I have two questions is Adwords and adsense completely different? And how would you suggest I incorporate Google adsense or adwords into my facebook using store brand ads?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: AdWords and AdSense

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey Moe,

AdWords and AdSense are related, but different ends.

AdWords is for advertisers. It will show your ad on Google, Search Partners and Display Networks. You pay for the clicks you get.

AdSense is for websites, both search partners and display networks display Google ads on their site. Search partners show Google ads along side of Google search results (AdSense for search). Display Networks show Google ads along side related content pages (AdSense for content). The web site publisher gets paid a portion of the revenue generated by clicks on Google ads.

Unless you are creating an app page for Facebook, you will not be able to use AdSense. You seem to be talking about creating a shopping mall as an app for your Facebook page. If that's not what you mean, you should probably look into that. I'm pretty sure Facebook will only allow you to show ads from approved providers, and I don't think Google is one of those providers. I recommend you thoroughly study the Facebook app guidelines before going ahead with this project.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Moe,

Just to explained why I moved your thread. Suzanne is a user who participated in online optimization. I wasn't sure she could address your question.

You can read about differences between AdWords and AdSense on this thread. Hope that helps.

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey Moe,

AdWords and AdSense are related, but different ends.

AdWords is for advertisers. It will show your ad on Google, Search Partners and Display Networks. You pay for the clicks you get.

AdSense is for websites, both search partners and display networks display Google ads on their site. Search partners show Google ads along side of Google search results (AdSense for search). Display Networks show Google ads along side related content pages (AdSense for content). The web site publisher gets paid a portion of the revenue generated by clicks on Google ads.

Unless you are creating an app page for Facebook, you will not be able to use AdSense. You seem to be talking about creating a shopping mall as an app for your Facebook page. If that's not what you mean, you should probably look into that. I'm pretty sure Facebook will only allow you to show ads from approved providers, and I don't think Google is one of those providers. I recommend you thoroughly study the Facebook app guidelines before going ahead with this project.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords