AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Territory

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there! I currently work for a franchised company and each store have a specific allowed territory. My head office doesn't really know how Google Adwords work and have been told that territories are very hard to be respected and that you can't exactly target a specific territory. Do you have any information regarding this situation that I could provide them? Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

AdWords Territory

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

AdWords offers different location targeting options.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722043?hl=en

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

AdWords Territory

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

It depends on how granular you want to get with your "territories". If you are trying to parse your targeting out down to the street level, and you may have two locations on opposite sides of the street, then you're in trouble. If yo are talking about the state level, or specific cities, then you have more control.

There is a reason why companies like McDonald's and Starbucks don't advertise specific locations. At the corporate level you build your brand, and make sure you have a functional website which can help users fond the "right" location for them. Do you want the location on the southbound side of the freeway, or the northbound side? What if you are planning a trip and not currently located within that locations targeted advertising area? Are you telling your customers unless they search for the "right" location, and unless their device/IP address/search query sends the "right" location signals that you don't want their business?

Include the advertising in the franchise fees, and handle it at the corporate level. If not, there's always going to be problems. If not with the AdWords targeting, then with the/a franchisee who doesn't like something they see once and makes an issue out of it. 

Tom