AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords System Automatically Changed Bid Strategies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've recently seen some modifications in some of my accounts, similar to the one in the picture. 

adwords-modif.jpg

On the one from the 21st, my previous Target CPA was 50 RON, and now it was changed to 0.5 RON, 10x smaller. 

Any idea why these modifications were made?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sinaps_RO,

The new name for Conversion Optimizer is Target CPA bidding that is now 1 of the 6 available automated bid strategies. The change is in name only.

You also claim that the amount of the set value way decreased 10 times. If that is the case someone else with access to your account must have done it. Google does not do that and I have never heard of such complaints in the past 10+ years.

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have the same situation. All the campaigns that were working on "conversion optimizer" changed to "Target CPA" automatically and google just chose (who knows how) new target CPAs . We saw drops in many campaings and we had a very though week.  

How does Target CPA affects the campaign? We have target CPAs set per ad group, what should we set as Target CPA for the campaign? Is it possible to leave it empty (at the campaign level) to continue with our ad group strategy?  Thanks!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

I've been speaking to them and yes, they did the changes automatically. It was not clear from where they get the Target CPA, but let's suppose an algorithm decides "what is best". 

In our case, they changed Target CPA at the campaign level to a very low one (aprox -50%) , while we don't use Target CPA at the campaign level but we have ir for each ad group. This caused a big drop in conversions and duplicated the actual cost per conversion! 

We haven't been able to solve it yet. (And they say it takes 3-4 weeks to be stable) but we lost around 65% of conversions. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks for the valuable piece of info, @Daniela P. I do appreciate the community spirit ... Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have recognized the same. Every morning I learn Google changed most important keyword CPC from 1,8 Euro to 0,26 Euro. First I was just suspicious about that, but I am 100% positive about this. In consequence our ad is not shown at all. I would like my campaign work, without my intervention every morning.

In my opinion it harms Google income. I am searching whether I set something in automatic way, but cannot find any such setting.